Two graduate students were shot dead in a car on Raymond Avenue near the intersection of 27th Street early Wednesday, April 13. The Los Angeles Police Department responded to the scene shortly after 1 a.m., where Viterbi School of Engineering graduate students Ying Wu and Ming Qu, both 23 years old and from China, were found shot.
The university and LAPD are working together in the ongoing investigation. The unknown suspect was last seen wearing dark clothes running southbound on Raymond Avenue at about the same time a black sedan was leaving the area. The race and gender of the suspect are unknown.
Detectives encourage anyone with information to call the LAPD’s Criminal Gang Homicide Division at (213) 485-4341 or the Detective Information Desk at the 24-hour toll-free number 877-LAPD-24-7.
- University to hold memorial service for Ming Qu, Ying Wu
- City offers $75,000 reward
- Victims’ families meet with LAPD, visit crime scene
- USC, LAPD encourage public help
- Viterbi, LAPD hold meeting on shooting, safety
- Victims’ families will travel to Los Angeles
- LAPD, university hold press conference to announce award, encourage public help
- Campus Reaction
- University to offer $125k reward
- Crime not common in the area, DPS says
- Detectives continue searching for clues, leads in double homicide
- Residents, DPS urge students to be aware of surroundings
- Students, faculty hold vigil for Qu, Wu
- Two graduate students shot dead